lunes, 19 de diciembre de 2022

Pygmalion: An Alternative Ending

 

Arancha Álvarez Fernández

December 2022

 

Liza: Here they are, Mr. Higgins, your reindeer gloves and a tie, chosen by myself as you requested.

Higgins: Brilliant, Eliza. I knew you were going to reconsider your behavior. I assume you have forgotten to apologize yourself but it is fine. I forgive your attitude and the horrible words you uttered yesterday.

Eliza exits the room, grumbling in a low voice.

(Several months later)

The Parlor-Maid: Madam, Eliza is here and demands to see you immediately.

Mrs. Higgins: Well, then ask her to come in.

The Parlor-Maid asks Eliza to enter the room.

Liza: (crying) Good morning, Mrs. Higgins. I am sorry to bother you by breaking this terrible news to you. I don’t know how to start telling you this.

Mrs. Higgins: What happened?, dear Eliza, I am getting worried!

Eliza: It is about Mr. Higgins. He...he... He has turned up dead in his bedroom this morning.

Mrs. Higgins sits on her Elizabethan chair and starts crying.

(In the funeral)

Freddy: I have taken care of everything. You do not have to worry about anything that happened in that bedroom that morning.

Liza: Thank you, Freddy. I am sorry for involving you in this situation but he deserved it. He underestimated me!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario